What Really Happens When Your Milwaukee Home Loses Power?
Not Having Power is More Than Just a Lack of Lighting in Your Home
Electricity is something we sometimes take for granted. The lights always come on when you flip the switch, your refrigerator properly stores food, your cell phone charges when you plug it into the wall – these are just thing we expect to happen every day. But, what do you do when those luxuries, those conveniences, are taken away from you?
That’s what happens when a big storm or fierce winds causes the power to go out. You and your family – or your business – are left without all the modern day necessities that we’ve become accustomed to. That can be a safety hazard, and make everyone in your home uncomfortable.
What Else Can Go Wrong During a Power Outage?
- Your food will spoil if left without a working refrigerator for too long.
- Your home will be more susceptible to crime because your security systems will not be working.
- You could run out of gasoline for transportation, or for refueling your portable generator.
- You will lose internet and telephone access, and will only be able to use cell phones until the battery runs out. This provides you with barely any contact to the world outside of your home.
- You will be at risk for flooding from burst pipes, sump pump failure, refrigerators, or freezers.
- You and your family will have no hot water or heat.
Seeing all these possible vulnerabilities probably makes you wonder if there’s a way you can protect your home and your family from these things ever happening to them, and there is!
Generac’s Automatic Standby Generators restore power within 34 seconds of a power outage, so you will always have electricity. Whether it’s for a few hours, or a few days, a Generac generator will keep your home or business up and running like the power never went out.
Generac’s automatic standby generators do not require gasoline, so you won’t have to worry about refueling, or running out entirely. And, even more, once the power comes back on, the generator will shut itself off.
Don’t put your family or business at risk by stalling on a Generac Automatic Standby Generator installation. Call Current Electric for a consultation today, and we’ll be right over!