How Milwaukee Electricians Are Helping You Feel Safe in Your Home
Protect Your Family With Carbon Monoxide Detectors
As a homeowner, and a parent, you always want to make sure that your family feels safe under their own roof. While we all like to think of the home as a sanctuary, there are things that can go wrong, and you need to be prepared for all of them.
Ways to Protect Your Home
- Driveway lighting sensors: The headlights on your car may be great for scaring away skunks as you pull up, but they only do so much. Once you shut the car off, you are left in the dark. That’s why it’s a good idea to install driveway lighting sensors that turn on as soon as your car pulls in. No more rushing to turn on any lights, or being left to carry in groceries, unbuckle the kids, or walk up to the door in darkness.
- Daylight timers: When you go on vacation, do you like to leave a light or two on to give the illusion that someone is home? If you do, you aren’t alone. Unfortunately, though, leaving your lights on all the time for days on end will cost you money. By investing in some daylight timers, you can decide when the lights in your home go on or off, so you can keep the illusion alive, without spending all that cash.
- Front and rear door lighting sensors: Having a peep hole in your door helps only until it gets dark. Front and back door lighting allows you to always be able to see who is coming up to your home.
- Smoke detection systems: Your home should already have one of these installed, but if yours is broken, call Current Electric. You definitely don’t want to be without a working smoke detector for too long because you never know when you might need it.
- Immediate turn on of exterior lights: Not only will this be pretty at night, but it is also a good safety feature. With one click of a switch (or automatic sensors if you prefer) you can turn on all of your exterior lights.
- Carbon monoxide protection: As you are probably aware, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal, so you definitely don’t want your family exposed to it. It’s so important to have a carbon monoxide detector that works so you can always feel protected.
The time to start feeling safe and comfortable in your own home is now. Call Current Electric for more information on our safety feature installations, or to schedule an appointment!