Signs that You Need Home Safety Inspection in Milwaukee
If you’ve never had a home safely inspection there’s no time better than the present to have one done. If you’re like most people, your home is your biggest investment. And the health and safety of your family comes before everything else. A home safety inspection is one of the best ways to protect your home and family.
What Does a Home Safety Inspection in Milwaukee Include?
A home safety inspection will include several elements on the interior and exterior of your home.
Exterior Safety Inspection Should Include:
Yard, driveway and hardscaping: These areas should all be checked for rotten tree limbs, frayed power lines, overgrown shrubs that can reduce visibility, holes or cracks that can present a tripping hazard, and woodpiles or debris that can attract rodents, termites or carpenter ants.
Outbuildings, Porches and Pools: Decks and patios should be checked for rotting wood and stability. This also goes for railings and exterior staircases. Outdoor lighting and garage doors should be checked to make sure they are in working order. Exterior electrical outlets should be inspected for safety and water tightness.
Interior Safely Inspection Should Include:
- Check doors and windows: Make sure locks are in working order and that doors and window close tightly to discourage intruders.
- Flooring: Inspect flooring for loose nails or tiles, buckling or warping that could cause you to trip and fall.
- Paint: If your home was built prior to the 1980s, any loose paint should be checked for lead.
- Mold and Mildew: Check for evidence of mold and mildew, including musty smells and unusually damp areas.
- Plumbing and Electrical: Test well water for contaminants annually, and have your furnace or boiler serviced every fall. Replace appliances with frayed cords, and be sure to have a whole-home electrical inspection every five years.
Kitchen and Bath:
- Tub and Shower: You tub and/or shower should be fitted with non-slip mats and grab bars.
- Stove: Make sure all burners are in working order and knobs work properly. Curtains and towels should be kept well away from any cooking surface.
Do you need home safety inspection from the experts? Call Current Electric to schedule a check today!