If you’ve never had a home safely inspection there’s no time better than the present to have one done. If you’re like most people, your home is your biggest investment. And the health and safety of your family comes before everything else. A home safety inspection is one of the best ways to protect your home and family.
What Does a Home Safety Inspection in Milwaukee Include?
A home safety inspection will include several elements on the interior and exterior of your home.
Exterior Safety Inspection Should Include:
Yard, driveway and hardscaping: These areas should all be checked for rotten tree limbs, frayed power lines, overgrown shrubs that can reduce visibility, holes or cracks that can present a tripping hazard, and woodpiles or debris that can attract rodents, termites or carpenter ants.
Outbuildings, Porches and Pools: Decks and patios should be checked for rotting wood and stability. This also goes for railings and exterior staircases. Outdoor lighting and garage doors should be checked to make sure they are in working order. Exterior electrical outlets should be inspected for safety and water tightness.
Interior Safely Inspection Should Include:
- Check doors and windows: Make sure locks are in working order and that doors and window close tightly to discourage intruders.
- Flooring: Inspect flooring for loose nails or tiles, buckling or warping that could cause you to trip and fall.
- Paint: If your home was built prior to the 1980s, any loose paint should be checked for lead.
- Mold and Mildew: Check for evidence of mold and mildew, including musty smells and unusually damp areas.
- Plumbing and Electrical: Test well water for contaminants annually, and have your furnace or boiler serviced every fall. Replace appliances with frayed cords, and be sure to have a whole-home electrical inspection every five years.
Kitchen and Bath:
- Tub and Shower: You tub and/or shower should be fitted with non-slip mats and grab bars.
- Stove: Make sure all burners are in working order and knobs work properly. Curtains and towels should be kept well away from any cooking surface.
Do you need home safety inspection from the experts? Call Current Electric to schedule a check today!
You’ve most likely been seeing solar panels more and more often these days: on homes, business and even on public buildings. You’ve probably wondered, too, what it would take to install solar power in your Milwaukee home, and what the benefits of installing solar power might be. Here are three reasons to install solar power in your Milwaukee home that you might want to consider.
- It might cost less than you think. Solar power for home use is becoming more mainstream. As solar panel installation becomes more popular and installation methods become more efficient, costs for installation are quickly dropping. You also might be able to finance the cost of installing a solar power system, avoiding the need to pay for the whole job up front. Another cost bonus is that payback times are getting shorter for people who install solar power. The average amount of time it takes to recoup your investment in a solar power system is about half of what it was five years ago.
- Rebates and incentives might be available. For a short time, until Dec. 31, 2016, you can earn a federal tax credits when you install solar power in your Milwaukee home. Some state and regional tax credits might also be available. Be sure to ask your installer for a list of incentives and credits that are available to homeowners.
- You don’t need to live in a sunny place to save money. When calculating savings, your local electric rates are more important than the amount of sunlight you receive. Markets with the highest rates enjoy more savings and faster payback on solar power systems regardless of how sunny they are.
Ready to find out more about how to install solar power in your Milwaukee home? Call your licensed installer today.
Homeowners who live in areas that experience frequent power outages are advised to install generators in order to avoid losing the use of their essential appliances. A generator can also help homeowners maintain safety and comfort features like heat, lighting and well water pumps during a severe storm – when they need them most. But how do you know which type of generator to choose?
Generac offers several models of home generators that can protect you from power outages 24 hours a day. If you’re thinking about home generator installation in Milwaukee here are a few reasons why you should consider installing a Generac:
EcoGen Series: This generator is the only one designed specifically to backup alternative energy systems, such as solar or wind power. An EcoGen generator can recharge your power system’s batteries when your main power source can’t.
- An EcoGen only needs maintenance after every 500 hours of use.
- The EcoGen series is fueled by environmentally friendly, energy efficient LP gas.
- This model is the quietest in the industry.
Corepower System: If you’re only looking to back up your essential circuits during a power outage, you might think that a portable generator is the most affordable option. The Corepower automatic standby generator from Generac costs about the same a portable generator, and it’s easier to use.
- You don’t have to change your fuel supply. The Corepower can run on LP or natural gas.
- The Corepower comes with an automatic power transfer switch.
- Unlike a portable generator, the Corepower starts automatically when the power goes out.
Guardian Series: This is one of the most powerful air-cooled generators on the market, as well as the most popular standby generator in North America. The Guardian can provide all the backup electricity needed for your home or business.
- Within 10 seconds of an outage, the Guardian generator will begin working.
- The Guardian comes with Generac’s Nexus Controller that includes an LCD display, allowing you to monitor the status of your generator from inside your home.
QuietSource Series: If you’re looking for complete power protection for your home or business, the QuietSource generator by Generac fits the bill.
- Runs more quietly than any other brand.
- The QuietSource’s powerful low-speed liquid-cooled engine is fuel efficient.
- The QuietSource has an aluminum, watertight enclosure that will protect it from all types of weather.
- You can monitor the functions of your generator from inside of your home with the Generac’s Nexus Controller.
Looking for home generator installation in Milwaukee? Find out why Generac is the best choice today by calling your licensed electrician.