Okay, so maybe you’re not some licensed electrician who knows the ins and outs of your home’s electrical wiring. That’s fine, but that doesn’t mean you should just put off home rewiring in Racine, WI until the last possible minute. You may not necessarily know, say, how wiring exactly provides power to your lights and appliances, but you don’t need to be a know-it-all on electricity to identify when the time is right for a change. Seeking home rewiring can mean all the difference in how safely you operate in your home as a responsible homeowner, you need to make sure your family’s well-being isn’t put at risk.
At Current Electric, we value the safety of all our customers, which is why we’re always available to provide you with home rewiring in Racine, WI that will keep your home secure. We’ll replace your old, frayed wiring with something more durable and longer-lasting designed to handle any of your home’s electrical demands. Our services cover outlets, switches, surge protection, and maybe other areas of your electrical system you may not have even considered before!
Home Rewiring in Racine, WI: When Should You Call?
The next time you begin to suspect it’s time for rewiring in your home, keep an eye open for any of the following:
- Frequent Power Surges: Even just one power surge can throw off the level of convenience in your home, so it’s needless to say how difficult life in your home will be if they are occurring on a more frequent basis. As part of our rewiring services, we’ll provide you with whole home surge protection that will keep the risk of a surge to a low and allow you greater access to your most essential appliances.
- Older Outlets and Switches: Outlets and switches can last you for years but there will come a point where replacing them will be the better option. If your home is still equipped with two-prong outlets, they’re outdated and need to be upgraded to three-prong outlets instead. Older outlets may be sporting some extensive physical damage as well, which may result in them not working as well as they once did.
- Flickering Lights: You may not initially think flickering lights are that much of an inconvenience, but it can grow into a serious problem, especially when you consider it can prevent you from reading, studying, cooking, or even just trying to walk down the hall. It’s a sign there’s a problem with your wiring somewhere.
Contact Current Electric today for home rewiring in Racine, WI if you want to improve your home’s electrical performance and overall level of safety!
So you recently hired a licensed electrician in Milwaukee, WI for generator installation—awesome! It’s now just a matter of installing the generator right away, and you’ll have power for anything you could ever want, right?
Well, not quite. Before you allow the electrician to go right ahead and install, you need to make sure you’re installing a generator that will provide a high level of performance worth every dollar. After all, when you need your electrical needs met, you absolutely have the right to know what you’re installing to the fullest extent.
At Current Electric, we have a licensed electrician in Milwaukee, WI who is ready to answer your most pressing questions. We don’t provide you with a generator and move on. Our electricians provide amazing customer service that will listen to your every word and ensures you’re getting a reliable generator for your home. And given our collective years of experience, there’s really no question our electricians can’t answer.
What Should You Ask a Licensed Electrician in Milwaukee, WI?
The next time you have an electrician install a generator for your home, you may want to ask:
- “How Much Maintenance is Required?” All generators should be maintained on a regular basis. While it’s recommended that you seek maintenance from a professional annually, also make a point to ask the electrician for any maintenance tips that you can apply to your generator on your own time. Usually, regular maintenance on your end will require you to check the oil, visually inspect the unit for any damage, and conduct troubleshooting for any minor issue. A little maintenance can go a long way in expanding your generator’s lifespan and guaranteeing the best performance possible.
- “What About The Warranty?” It’s highly important to discuss warranties with your electrician before installation. Generator warranties vary depending on the manufacturer. Ask your electrician about the amount of coverage you’ll receive and if there are any additional deals that will extend it. Knowing the full details of a warranty beforehand will allow you to assess if the generator you’ve chosen to install is the right one.
- “Where Should the Generator be Installed?” Any licensed electrician will know to survey your landscape to determine the right location for installation. Location will need to be close to your home’s gas and electrical hookups, and at least 25 feet away to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide from entering your home. Depending on your electrical needs, you also need to consider the size of your generator and how that will correspond with its location.
Contact Current Electric today if you want a licensed electrician in Milwaukee, WI to provide you with a high-quality generator designed to provide you long-lasting power.
The standby generator that powers your home in an emergency is vital. This generator repair is best left to the experts. But, how do you now when your standby home generator in Milwaukee, WI needs repair?
Signs of Fuel Leaks
If you suspect or detect that your standby generator is low on fuel, call an electrician specializing in generator repair. Most run on gasoline, propane or diesel fuel which can run low due to leaks, evaporation, or damage. If your fuel runs low due to leaks, it can create a potential fire hazard – especially if there is a smoker in your home.
Notifications of Impending Doom
The purpose of your standby generator is to kick in when your home loses its normal power source. It’s akin to having a power plant of your very own. If you know a natural disaster, weather emergency or sustained power outage is on its way, that’s a smart time to have your personal power plant serviced or repaired.
Routinely Ignored Maintenance
If you haven’t documented, or can’t recall, the last time your generator was subjected to routine maintenance, now is a good time to take care of that. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” they say. Regularly scheduled maintenance and staying on top of repairs gives you a peace of mind that you’ll appreciate when the time comes for the generator to kick in.
Known Generator Overload
Most standby generators provide their own overload protection in the form of circuit breakers. If you’ve had a recent standby generator overload, call our skilled electricians. They’ll quickly diagnose the cause and get you back in good running order so your generator is ready for the next time you need it.
With fall right around the corner and winter close at hand, now is a smart time to ensure your home is ready for any loss-of-power situation by keeping your standby home generator in Milwaukee, WI in good repair. Call us today for an estimate and repair schedule.
You need the best generator in Milwaukee, WI to ensure you have backup power for all of your most essential lights and appliances. However, finding the perfect one may not be so easy. All too often, we see homeowners wind up buying the wrong generator for their home, leaving them spending all of their money on a system that doesn’t even work for them. Needless to say, we don’t want to see you make the same mistake, certainly not when your home’s power is on the line.
Current Electric is ready to lend you a helping hand in finding the best generator in Milwaukee, WI so your family is kept safe and secure. We have a selection of Generac generators designed to provide you immediate, unlimited power when you need it the most. Even better, our electricians will work to make sure you have the right generator in your home by consulting with you and answering any of your must-know questions.
How Can You Find the Best Generator in Milwaukee, WI?
Before you wind up with a generator that will provide you more headaches than power for your home, you may want to consider:
- Sizing: When it comes sizing with generators, it doesn’t just mean physical size, but also the amount of wattage your generator is designed to handle. Generators today are available in size from 5W to 50W. Often times, homeowners will purchase a smaller generator with the understanding that they are more efficient because they don’t run all the time. This couldn’t be any farther from the truth, as it may result in the generator being more susceptible to frequent breakdowns.
- Location: While it’s true portable generators can be used in a wide range of locations, location means everything to the performance of your automatic standby generator. It must be installed outside your home and at least 25 feet away from the house. Any distance closer will heighten the risk of carbon monoxide exposure and electrical fires.
- The Right Electrician: You may purchase the best generator for your home, but its performance can still falter if it’s installed by an underqualified electrician. You need to make sure your electrician is licensed and fully-trained for the job, or else you may find yourself with a generator prone to frequent breakdowns and poor efficiency. Fortunately, Current Electric has a team of licensed, fully-trained electricians available to provide installation for you at any time.
- Your Electrical Needs: How many lights and appliances do you rely on a daily basis just to function in your home? Can you imagine what everyday life in your home would be like without power to any of them? When it comes down to it, you need a generator that meets your unique electrical needs. Generac offers different generators aimed at meeting different electrical needs, so you’re bound to find a system that keeps you satisfied.
Contact Current Electric today if you want to learn more on how you can find the best generator in Milwaukee, WI and we’ll gladly install it for you!
Current Electric has been keeping home and business owners safe and comfortable for over 25 years. When the wind howls and lightning strikes, losing power is a real possibility, but a Generac backup generator in Milwaukee, WI offers peace of mind to get you through any storm. A Generac generator will supply your home with uninterrupted power 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and regardless of what Mother Nature has in store for you. Current Electric boasts a large inventory of high-quality generators to match every property’s needs. Here are three reasons why a Generac backup generator in Milwaukee, WI will be perfect for your home.
One of the best features of a Generac generator is that it automatically turns on as soon as an interruption in the flow of electricity is detected. This means there’s no traipsing to the basement with a flashlight in an attempt to turn the lights back on. You’ll receive fast and uninterrupted power regardless of how long the power outage lasts.
Both winter and summer storms are notorious for knocking down power lines and causing outages. When a power outage occurs, it will be more than your lights that stop working. Your electric heater and air conditioner will also shut off and leave you and your family vulnerable to frigid winter temperatures or extreme heat. In these cases, a generator is more than a convenience; it’s a life-saving property feature you can’t afford to be without.
Protection from Power Surges
When power is finally restored after an outage, it’s common for the voltage entering your home’s electrical system to be unpredictable. Often times, this results in power surges that have the potential to fry every electronic device plugged into a wall outlet. A Generac backup generator in Milwaukee, WI won’t transfer to the main line until the voltage has been stabilized and the risk of a power surge has passed.
Ride Out the Storm at Home
When you lose power, you lose access to your oven, water heater, furnace, air conditioner, and every other electrical appliance you rely on daily. For major storms and electrical outages lasting several days, you may be forced to temporality find refuge in a hotel or specially set up shelter. With a backup generator, however, you’ll be able stay home in familiar surroundings.
Current Electric is a proud supplier of Generac generators, and they want to give you the kind of peace of mind that only a Generac backup generator in Milwaukee, WI can provide. Call them today to schedule a consultation with one of their trained electricians.
Imagine getting stuck in this nightmare of a scenario: you lose all power in your home and just when you think your super trustworthy generator will be able to supply you with backup power, it suddenly stops working altogether. While it’s no secret your generator can last you a long time, the time will inevitably come when you need to consider generator replacement in Milwaukee, WI. You need backup power for all of your most essential lights and appliances, and you need it right now.
Current Electric should be the first place you consider for generator replacement in Milwaukee, WI. We have a selection of highly-efficient Generac generators designed to provide your home with unlimited power at any time of year. When you feel like you need a change with your home power, our team of electricians can provide you with a working generator that will be there for you at any time.
Generator Replacement in Milwaukee, WI: When Should You Call Current?
Of course, the key to getting a new generator is knowing when the time is right to replace it. If you’re suspecting you need an overhaul in home power, be on the lookout for:
- A slow startup time. Your generator should start up within seconds of a power outage but it is means for concern if it seemingly takes longer and longer for it to provide power.
- Frequent breakdowns. One breakdown can be fixed easily by a professional, but frequent breakdowns can only lead to you spending more money on repair service. Replacing the generator entirely will be a more cost-efficient option.
- Carbon monoxide emissions. Carbon monoxide is an odorless yet deadly gas that can be emitted from a faulty generator. If your carbon monoxide detector goes off every time you turn on the generator, you need to replace it in a hurry.
- Greater energy costs. Once a generator malfunctions, it will begin to force itself to work harder and increase the amount of fuel usage it needs to operate. This can eventually place a strain on your savings but fortunately, there are several generators on the market today with greater efficiency levels so you get more power for your dollar.
Contact Current Electric today if you need generator replacement in Milwaukee, WI and our team of electricians will be glad to help!
You can see those purple clouds moving in and eclipsing the sun. The first few drops ping off your rooftop. The sound of thunder rumbles in the distance. The winds pick up significantly. An intense thunderstorm is on its way. Is your home ready? And by ready, we don’t mean having a few flashlights and candles in stock. We mean having an automatic standby generator in Milwaukee, WI that will prevent a power outage in your home, even when the storm’s wind and rain threaten to do its worst.
Current Electric is here to help you keep the power alive thanks to our selection of automatic standby generators by Generac. We’re the number-one supplier in the Milwaukee area for all of your home power needs. Even when you think a storm or any other problem will knock out your home’s power for good, our automatic standby generators will be able to keep essential lights and appliances working. You need a steady flow of electrical power in order to live in your home comfortably, and our electricians are more than happy to help!
Why Should You Install an Automatic Standby Generator in Milwaukee, WI?
If you don’t have standby power, why wait? Please call Current Electric today and we can provide you a generator that can:
- Provide indoor space efficiency. Unlike portable units, automatic standby generators are installed outside your home so you have more space for other appliances indoors. This will reduce the risk of carbon monoxide leaks in your home
- Turn on immediately. Automatic standby generators monitor utility voltage 24/7 and will turn on within moments of a power outage. It’s like having power restored at the snap of a finger. It’s simple, quick, and effective.
- Operate safely and effectively. These generators will continue to operate until power comes back on in your home. It can be dangerous moving through your home or business without power, but an automatic standby generator always keeps your safety in mind. You can continue to function on your property, even if that storm is wreaking havoc outdoors.
Contact Current Electric today if you need an automatic standby generator in Milwaukee, WI that will keep your lights and appliances working at any time of the year!
One of the biggest advantages of solar energy in Milwaukee, WI is immediate savings on electricity bills. The amount of savings varies depending on how much solar power you use. Solar energy can be used to supplement, complement or entirely replace your existing electricity. Installing a solar energy system in your home reduces your reliance on public utilities and harnesses the power of the sun. Your electric utility bills will continue to decrease with time as you rely more on solar power.
Savings aside, if the safety and future of our environment are important to you, solar energy is certainly the way to go. By turning to the ‘green’ alternative of using the power of the sun to power your home, you leave less of a carbon footprint on the earth. Future generations will appreciate this. In this day and age when technology forces us to use vast amounts of electricity, every reduction on environmental resources helps.
Adding solar panels and using energy efficient appliances could be saving money and save energy as well. They provide a minimum maintenance source of power that you can rely on. Solar power can also make your home more attractive to buyers should you decide to sell in the future.
The technology that helps solar panels harness solar energy is constantly improving and becoming more readily affordable and more consistently reliable. More flexible solar panels and stronger harnessing power make it more reliable than ever. Unlike fossil fuels and coal, solar energy is a renewable energy source. It’s also abundant – we can’t run out of it.
Installing solar panels and gradually switching to solar energy in Milwaukee, WI can reduce or eliminate electric utility bills depending on the size and scope of your solar system. Call Current Electric today and see how we can help solar energy improve the lifespan and functionality of your electricity consumption.
“Going green” isn’t just some hip trend all the kids are getting on board with today. It’s an earnest attempt at making the world a better place to live, especially with the threat of global warming looming in the distance. People are recycling more, taking shorter showers, and even biking to work as part of the green initiative. In addition, more people are investing in solar panel installation in Milwaukee, WI for all of their electrical needs. Environmentally-friendly electrical energy is one way to guarantee electricity in your home that can both work effectively and save you tons of money on energy bills.
If you have the urge to “go green” with your electricity, please call Current Electric today. We’re the number-one choice for solar panel installation in Milwaukee, WI. We offer Solar Panel Photovoltaic (PV) Systems that have proven durability, government incentives, and energy-efficient operation. Make no mistake, it’s a smart investment, and we’re more than willing to help you climb aboard. Our electricians will gladly consult with you before installation so you can make sure our selection of PV systems are perfect for your home.
Solar Panel Installation in Milwaukee, WI: Why Should You Call Us?
Don’t wait another moment and call Current Electric for solar panel installation service today, especially when our services can provide you:
- Major Energy Savings: Are higher costs on energy bills getting you down? Well, with our services, you’ll find a way around that problem and save more money on energy than you could’ve ever imagined before. By investing in energy-efficient electrical power, you are guaranteeing yourself lower monthly energy bills while still having quality electrical power going to your appliances.
- Longer-Lasting Electrical Power: When you make the switch to solar energy, you can take comfort in knowing you won’t have electricity that’s constantly burning through energy, meaning you can still experience the same high level of electrical power for a longer period of time.
- Increased Property Value: A home with energy-efficient electrical power will see a higher property value. According to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), homes with solar panels sell 20% faster and for 17% more money. It will single-handedly make your home a positive investment on the market.
Contact Current Electric today if you need solar panel installation in Milwaukee, WI. The time for change is now, so don’t pass up the chance to “go green” with us.
Similar to circuit breakers, GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters) outlets monitor the electricity going into and out of your outlets and automatically shuts it off if it reaches unsafe levels. They’re the outlets that have two buttons between the holes where you insert plugs. One is typically marked reset and the other is typically marked test. They’re a good safety feature to install in your Milwaukee, WI home. GFCI installation in Milwaukee, WI help keep your home safe by avoiding ground faults and damaged circuits. While they are most often found in kitchens, bathrooms, garages and other areas prone to water use, GFCI outlets are a good safety feature for almost any room in your home.
The greatest advantage of GFCI outlet is their ability to prevent electric shocks and possible electrocution. They are just a tad more expensive than regular outlets, but are worth every penny. GFCI outlets also prevent damage to your appliances and electronics. Leaking electricity is one of the most common causes of desktop and laptop computer hard disk drive failure. This important protection feature can save you a significant amount of money on appliance and gadget replacement costs.
Designed to protect your family from potentially deadly electrical shocks, these specialized outlets also reduce the risk of house fires caused by electricity. While not ideal for every situation, GFCI outlets should be installed anywhere you routinely use water or expensive electronic gizmos.
One of the major dangers of the electrical system in your home is the threat of bodily harm, potential death and appliance damage. Every year in the U.S., there are roughly 25,000 home electrical fires. These fires result in nearly 300 deaths and upwards of a thousand injuries. Electrical fires also account for over a billion dollars in home and property damage each year. If you’re ready to add this worthwhile safety equipment to your home, Current Electric has skilled, licensed electricians who can make GFCI installation in Milwaukee, WI fast, safe and affordable. Call us today for an estimate.