5 Upgrades in Electrical Security in Milwaukee to Consider This Spring
Keeping your family and property safe is always one of your top priorities, but many homeowners aren’t aware that their neighborhood electrician is a valuable resource when it comes to home security. From outdoor lighting to alarms and sensors, a qualified electrician offers several services that will protect your home from intruders and other dangerous situations. Current Electric specializes in electrical security in Milwaukee, and they’re dedicated to providing their clients with reliable services and high-quality security products. Take advantage of the pleasant spring temperatures by making these five electrical security upgrades to your property.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector: Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is impossible to detect without the proper equipment. It causes headaches, nausea, dizziness, and if the levels are high enough, death. Everything from your wood stove to your HVAC system produces this gas, and if one of those appliances experiences a gas leak, you may not know it until it’s too late. A carbon monoxide detector will alert the household when carbon monoxide levels reach dangerous heights.
- Exterior Lighting: When the sun goes down, protecting your property from unwanted visitors becomes harder, but proper exterior lighting will deter intruders and keep your household safe. Current Electric will even wire your electrical system so that you can control all of your exterior lights with a single switch.
- Daylight Timers: If you’re away at night, your home is left empty and vulnerable. A completely dark home may be viewed as an invitation for intruders, but keeping the lights on all night is a waste of energy. Light timers are an effective solution. A brightly lit front window will deter would-be home invaders, and you have control of when lights turn on and off, even if you’re not around.
- Door Lighting Sensors: Having an unknown figure at your darkened doorway is enough to put anyone on edge. Door lighting sensors work as motion detectors that activate your porch light as soon someone approaches your door. You’ll never have to open the door to an unknown person again.
- Driveway Sensors: Similar to door sensors, driveway lighting sensors are activated as soon as your car approaches. Even with headlights, your driveway is shrouded in shadows that easily conceal playing children, pets, or other obstacles. Driveway lighting will illuminate a safe path to your home.
Current Electric is a community-based business that will always put their clients’ best interests above their own. If your property lacks electrical security in Milwaukee, they’ll give you honest advice on how you can improve on property protection. Call them today to schedule a consultation and learn more about electrical security in Milwaukee.