5 Signs You Need Rewiring in Milwaukee
Rewiring you home is a major undertaking in terms of time and money. But outdated wiring can present a real problem in terms of safety. How do you know if it’s time to rewire your home? Here are five signs you need rewiring in Milwaukee.
- Your wiring is worn or frayed. The covering on older wiring, usually cloth in the case of knob and tube, can wear away over time. If you notice that the covering on any of your home’s wiring looks frayed or worn, it’s probably a sign that it’s time for rewiring.
- Increased demand for electricity. Electrical systems in homes that were built more than 34 Years ago might have trouble keeping up with the demand that twenty-first century appliances place on them. Even homes built as late as the 1970s or ‘80s can have trouble keeping up with our multiple television sets, computers, tools and air conditioners. If your need for electricity is outpacing your electrical system’s capabilities, it might be time to rewire.
- Overloading electrical outlets presents a fire hazard. If you find that you’re having to plug several things into a single outlet – because your home has too few outlets, or some of them are only two-pronged, you could be overloading your system. Rewiring will not only make your home safer, it will make using your appliances and entertainment systems more convenient.
- You want to sell your home. If your home has outdated wiring, you might not be able to sell it for as much as you’d like. To increase your home’s value and sell it faster, consider rewiring.
- You frequently blow fuses or trip circuits. If your circuits are tipping frequently and you don’t know why, or if you notice sparks or an unusual burning smell coming from your electrical outlets, you need rewiring.
Ready for rewiring in Milwaukee? Call your licensed electrician today.